This Notice describes:
- The types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website and the purpose of collection;
- How we collect, use, disclose, and protect your personal information; and
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, disclosing and deleting that information.
Please read this Notice carefully to understand our policies and practices for collecting, processing, and storing your information. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, you should not use our website or provide us with your personal information.
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Privacy laws in Canada generally define “personal information” as any information about an identifiable individual, which includes information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person. Depending on the applicable law, personal information does not include business information, such as your work email address or job title. We do not intentionally or knowingly collect any personal information of anyone under the age of 16 (sixteen).
We collect personal information that you provide to us or that we learn about you from your use of the website. For example, you may provide information to us when you register, sign in, search, add items to your shopping cart, purchase a product, participate in a survey, contest or promotion, rate or review our products or services, or communicate with DermaSpark Products Customer Care department. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such personal information as your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, payment information and personal shopping and product preferences.
HOW WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We mostly collect your information, such as your contact information to form a business relationship with you, communicate with you, invite you to events we feel would be beneficial to you, provide you with our services or products, and to meet any legal obligations we may have.
(I) Information Collected Directly From You
Most of the personal information we use is collected directly from you, such as when you:
- Register for an account or update your profile
- Access our website
- Make purchases either on our website or directly from us
- Request or receive products or services (online or directly)
- Subscribe to our newsletter or make inquiries about our products
(II) Information We Automatically Collect
We or our authorized service providers may collect transactional data (such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, activities, and preferences) relating to your use of our website. This information is generally collected in non-personally identifiable format. We do not collect or use your personal information to automatically make decisions about you that will have a significant effect on you or have a legal effect on you.
We or our authorized service providers may use this information to track aggregate traffic patterns throughout the website. We may use aggregated, statistical information to describe our customer audience, products, and services, and to develop partnerships with third parties to offer products and services in which we believe our customers will be interested.
Our website may also use Google Analytics that allows us to understand which pages you visit on our website. These tracer tags are used to help us optimize and tailor our website for you and other future visitors to our website. We may also use third parties to serve our advertisements on other websites.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We do not disclose, share, or communicate your personal information with third parties without your consent, except as set out herein. We do not disclose your personal information to unaffiliated third parties who may want to offer you their own products and services unless you have requested or authorized us to do so. When you request to purchase items in your shopping cart, we (or our service providers) collect your billing and shipping address, phone number, and payment card information. We use this information to administer your account and process and fulfill your order.
We may share your personal information under the following circumstances:
- Service Providers:, third parties or affiliates of DermaSpark Products with whom we have contracted to perform services on our behalf. For example, we may use service providers to authorize and process payments, fulfilment services, shipment of products to your address, or send emails and/or other communications on our behalf. These parties are bound by confidentiality and are limited in the way in which they can process, access, or store personal information based on our instructions. Your personal information is not shared outside of Canada, however, it may be shared outside of Quebec.
- Business Transactions: We may transfer our assets, including your personal information, in the event of a merger or sale (including any transfers made as part of an insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding) involving all or part of our business or as part of a corporate reorganization, stock sale, or other change in control. In such a case, you will be provided with notice. We will limit the disclosure of personal information to only what is necessary and limit the use of the information to the purpose for which it was collected before the transaction and in accordance with applicable laws.
- Legal Requirement: We may also disclose personal information (to the extent that we have it) if we are required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) prevent fraud, (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of individuals, or (v) protect against legal liability.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
This website may contain links to third-party sites, including sites that display DermaSpark Products branding, but which are maintained by third parties. We are not responsible for and cannot control the privacy policies of these other sites or their practices. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of these other sites, as they may differ from ours. =This Notice applies solely to information collected by DermaSpark Products via our website.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have implemented security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. This includes the necessary physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to protect data integrity, access and use. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your log-in information and password.
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Depending on where you reside, applicable privacy laws may give you certain rights relating to your personal data and our processing of it:
- Your right of access. You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification. You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate or incomplete. We may, however, need to verify the accuracy of the new information you provide to us.
- Your right of deletion. You have the right to ask us to delete your personal information in certain circumstances. In some instances, such as legal reasons, we will not be able to fulfill your request for deletion. If we cannot fulfill your request, we will notify you with the reason.
- Your right to data portability. You have the right to ask us to transfer your personal information to another organization in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
- Your right to revoke / withdraw consent. You have the right to unsubscribe, revoke or withdraw consent to processing your personal information, even if you had previously consented. However, revocation of consent will not impact the legality of processing before revocation. In some circumstances, if you revoke consent, we may not be able to provide you with services or products.
- Your right to lodge a complaint. You have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing with a supervisory authority or regulator in the jurisdiction where you believe your rights have been violated. If you are concerned about our personal information practices, we would appreciate hearing about it first to try to resolve your concerns. You can contact us through the methods listed under Contact Us.
To fulfill your request, we may need to verify your identity.
DermaSpark Products is committed to the best possible customer experience. If you have questions or comments about this Privacy Notice or the manner in which we or our service providers treat your personal information, you can contact us by:
- Sending us an e-mail to Contact@DermaSpark.com
- Calling 604-322-5577
- Writing to us at:
DermaSpark Products Inc.
628 East Kent Ave. South, Unit 155
Vancouver BC V5X 0B2
If you are not satisfied with our privacy practices or outcome to a query or complaint, you have the right to file a complaint with the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.
WILL THE PRIVACY NOTICE CHANGE OVER TIME?
Yes, it will. We continue to develop the website and take advantage of technologies to improve the services we provide and so our policies may change over time. Please check this Notice from time to time. Your continued access and use of the website will constitute your acceptance of any changes or revisions to our Notice.